14 DISEASES ONE CURE.
Despite the fact that cannabis was used therapeutically for its proven therapeutic properties decades ago, fears of abuse led to prohibitions on its usage in the United States in the 1930s and 1940s. However, following Dr. Rafael Mechoulam's pioneering study, hemp in the form of medical cannabis, commonly referred to as cannabidiol or CBD, has once again been the topic of medical research and clinical studies.
In human physiognomy, Dr. Mechoulam developed the Endo-Cannabinoid System, which revealed that humans contain CBD receptors in their bodies, resulting in a cascade of homeostasis (health stability) throughout the central nervous system and immune system.
The two most major active chemical components found in hemp are THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol). THC is psychoactive and causes a high, whereas CBD is a nutritional supplement that is incredibly useful to humans and does not induce a high. Patients will find CBD-dominant marijuana strains to be non-addictive because they contain little or no THC.
In this article, we will look at how medical cannabis can help treat a variety of diseases that are often crippling and can be fatal.
Hemp Can Treat a Variety of Diseases and Conditions
Since the time medical cannabis was legalised in several states in the United States and was clinically administered to patients, it has been a miracle drug in treating several acute symptoms of major diseases that affect millions of people.
Some examples are as follows:
- Insomnia: Studies show that CBD improves sleep, particularly when anxiety is present.
- Nausea: Nausea is a common side effect of chemotherapy and cancer treatments.
- Anxiety and depression: CBD oil has shown remarkable results in the treatment of depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. CBD has an excellent ability to act on our brain's receptors to release the serotonin neurotransmitter, which becomes severely depleted in patients suffering from mental illnesses, making them feel "low" and enervated.
- PTSD: One of the most promising areas of medical mariju ana research is in the treatment of war veterans with PTSD, with miraculous and drastic improvements after hemp administration. Whereas pharmaceutical drugs such as benzodiazepines are highly addictive and can even lead to substance abuse, CBD does not.
- Glaucoma: It has also been reported to aid in the treatment of Glaucoma, an eye condition that can lead to blindness, though the results are debatable.
- Epilepsy: One particular type of epilepsy in kids, known as the Dravet Syndrome, is practically impossible to manage but responds to CBD miraculously. This CBD-dominant strain is also popularly known as Charlotte’s Web. (3)Epilepsy also comes with muscle spasms, stiffness, and chronic pain, all of which are significantly reduced with the use of cannabidiol.
- Muscle Spasticity: caused by multiple sclerosis or arthritis, as well as several neurological illnesses that cause chronic pain and tremors, responds remarkably to CBD. Sativex, an oral spray that contains both CBD and THC, is both helpful and safe in relieving these symptoms. Marijuana does wonders for nerve pain and multiple sclerosis. While there are various pharmacological medicines available to treat these disorders, such as Lyrica and Neurontin, the patients are heavily sedated. Patients who use CBD report feeling significantly more relaxed when they return to their usual routines.
- Parkinson's disease: CBD is a unique treatment for tremors produced by Parkinson's disease since it functions as a muscle relaxant.
- Chronic pain: CBD interacts with and releases neurotransmitters naturally present in the human body to alleviate acute pain and inflammation.
- Alzheimer's disease: CBD oil can effectively reduce inflammation, which is one of the leading causes of Alzheimer's symptoms. CBD has also been proven in clinical trials to be effective in reversing, postponing, and even avoiding the deleterious effects of Alzheimer's disease.
- ALS: CBD oil is an effective treatment for ALS since it slows the course of symptoms like stiffness and increases patient longevity due to its neuroprotective properties.
- Anorexia Nervosa: is a serious eating and psychiatric illness characterised by a loss of appetite and severe anorexia. Whereas anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications are commonly used for anorexics, they have significant side effects that make patients drowsy, while research reveals that CBD contains orexigenic (an appetite stimulant/hormone) properties that can control and boost appetite.
- AIDS and cancer symptoms: While many people suffer from the anguish of weight gain or obesity, many others, especially those with AIDS or cancer, find it incredibly difficult to gain weight. Dronabinol, a synthetic THC popularly referred to as Marinol, is medically approved for usage in patients, and its effects have always been beneficial, with persistent improvements in appetite, nausea, and vomiting in cancer and AIDS patients. Wasting Syndrome, an AIDS-related illness characterised by a slow, painful loss of muscle mass and a progressive decline in health, has also shown promising results in lowering symptoms.
- Endometriosis, Fibromyalgia, Migraine, and Interstitial cystitis (all of which cause chronic pain and inflammation) are some of the key ailments whose symptoms are efficiently reduced by hemp oil use.
The most popular application of medical marijuana is to treat chronic pain. It is extremely safe, as there is no risk of overdose, and it is non-addictive. It can take the place of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug(s)), which are not suitable for those with kidney issues, GERD, or ulcers. While pharmaceutical drugs function at the symptom level, they don't work at the system level, thus they don't provide a "cure," which puts an immense burden on the human physiology
The list isn't exhaustive; rather, it's a sampling of the various ailments for which medical marijuana can be used and has previously shown to be successful.
In the grand scheme of things, no one in today's urban society is immune to an inflamed immune and central nervous system, owing to environmental toxins and our inflammatory diet (which contains far too much sugar), both of which contribute to an inflamed immune system and symptoms of brain inflammation.
CBD's potential to manage and relieve these symptoms is obvious, necessitating increased use and understanding of cannabinoids.